Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/2/d186594044/htdocs/michaeldresdner/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php on line 210
Gaps away – Michael Dresdner

Michael Dresdner

straight talk about wood finishing

Gaps away

Q: My floor looks good but there are some small gaps between the floor boards. It is an oak herringbone floor with a polyurethane finish. What is the absolute best product to use to fill the existing gaps?
A: In my opinion, it is trowel filler or pore filler, depending on the size of the gaps, but those are meant to go on before the finish, or at least before the last coats of finish. There are several good brands out there, but my favorite is Timbermate, which works as either a trowel filler (thicker) or can be reduced with water to work as a thinner pore filler. Again, that is a filler that is easy to use, but must have finish put over it.